Monday, April 13, 2015

Nintendo's Smash Ballot and My 5 Most Wanted Characters


Nintendo has decided to go off of a direct fan vote for their next DLC characters in Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Nintendo has previously included a character at fan request with Mega Man, but that was more from researching player requests along the internet than a direct vote. The site allows for a vote of a single character to be added though it is possible to vote additional times. I am very interested in seeing the results when voting period ends on October 15th. I'm not only interested in seeing which Nintendo characters people want, but I want to see all the joke and troll characters that people will vote for like Goku, Bruce Willis, and a bunch of others that are just plain stupid like this one. Below I have listed my top five most wanted characters in the game. The characters are not arranged in any particular order.


Paper Mario
Series: Paper Mario
I know we already have four characters from the Super Mario series in this (five if you count Yoshi), but Paper Mario I feel should be included because he's part of a separate series from the other characters and he could play vastly different from his original counterpart given his paper motif from the games. In the Thousand Year Door Paper Mario primarily fights with a hammer and also has paper fold transformations that altered his mobility in the game. The Paper Mario series also has the inclusion of party members that they could use for special attacks or for a Final Smash.


Sami
Series: Advance Wars
Nintendo could give some love to the strategy genre by putting in an Advance Wars character. I picked Sami as the representative because I find her design and personality more appealing than Max and especially Andy. Sami is a field commander in the series with the special ability to capture cities faster than the two others and to increase the mobility of her units. They could apply the abilities of the units in the game to her moveset, but I think it would fit more to the style of the original game if she were to summon units to her aid in battle. She could actually function like the Pokemon Trainer from Brawl and switch from three different unit types while she stands on the sidelines. Advance Wars is also a game I've recently been trying to beat over the past three years, so I would feel a little connection with a character that I've spent so much time with.


Snake
Series: Metal Gear
Snake was in Brawl and he's also a third-party character. I know it's unlikely that he'll return, but he was my second main in Brawl and I would love to have him back.


Paper Boy
Series: Paper Boy
Ok, this one is sort of a joke, but I also thought it was a joke when people wanted the Duck Hunt dog in the game, who is now actually in the game. I basically want Paper Boy in because I think that shit would be just as funny as seeing Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt in the game. A little boy chucking newspapers at you and sending the neighbors rabid dog at you while he runs you over with a bike would be hilarious to see in a fight.


Shantae
Series: Shantae
This is the only character on here that I want that's not from a game I have actually played, but my opinion is not to be dismissed. I'm familiar with series history dating back to the GameBoy Color from 2002 and generally know the play style of the games. Shantae has a colorful design and the games have quirky aesthetics much similar to the majority of Nintendo's mainline franchises. Shantae could also give us a shape shifting character if they want to pull from the first game and her Middle Eastern ties could give us just a bit more cultural diversity to the game.

Those are my thoughts on the Smash Ballot. You can vote for characters here. https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

No comments:

Post a Comment