Thursday, April 9, 2015

M: Pineapple

Today I came across a treat. On bandcamp  a new pop album featured on the front page caught my eye. The yellow and pink color blend intrigued me so I decided to give it a listen. Pineapple is a pop band and this review is of their self-titled ep Pineapple. This ep is swathed in aura of the eighties Their are ambient electric guitars and synths present throughout the whole project. The vocals laid down by the Lemon are fairly decent. Her pitches and tone are perfect. The only issue I could see anyone having with her voice is just her specific inflection. The project definitely succeeds in capturing the sounds of 1980's pop. I could imagine any of these songs being on the Grand Theft Auto Vice City Soundtrack. The songs are plenty catchy and range from upbeat dance music, to just chill and drink lemonade music. I highly recommend it to any fan of pop and while you're at it get the cassette version for the full eighties experience.
9/10

Recommended Tracks: Nobody's Ok and Pineapple Anthem

No comments:

Post a Comment