Thursday, June 4, 2015

M: WIZZZ!


A few days ago Born Bad Records released a French psychorama compilation album titled Wizzz french psychorama vol 3. I came across this while skimming through bandcamp and the vintage comic book cover caught my eye. This was a week before it's release date so I was only able to listen to a few songs and liked most of what I heard. Upon release I was able to enjoy it to its full extent and I have to say it's a pretty good album. Though there are some songs that don't click with me overall I find it an enjoyable album. This French rock album captures the sounds of 60's and 70's that it pulls from efficiently. The riffs and drums work in harmony and the vocalists mostly vibe with me despite me almost knowing no French. The album has range. You have the upbeat party tracks and the more serene melodies. On a few songs like "Pierre Paul jacques - Je suis Turc" and "Evariste - Les pommes de lune" I find the vocalists yelling aggravating and can't enjoy the song despite the instrumentals being tolerable. On that note I wouldn't mind an entire instrumental version of this album as I feel the instrumentals are the strongest point in this project. There isn't much left to say other than this was a nice surprise for me and it's made me interesting in listening to the other two volumes in this series.

7.5/10

Recommended Tracks: Bernard Chabert - Helga Selzer Joana Hold up inusite, Nato - Je t'apprendrai a faire l'amour,                      

No comments:

Post a Comment