Thursday, September 17, 2015

Rashid and Karin Join Street Fighter V



In a week's time two new characters have been revealed for Capcom's upcoming fighter Street Fighter V. The first revealed on September 11 was Rashid, a character hailing from the Middle East, and early this morning, Karin, from Japan.


Rashid looks to be a very mobile character. Being a character that can manipulate wind his mobility and special attacks are reflected through it. His dashes are quick, he has a command run, a wall jump, and he seems to move through the air quickly with dive kicks. He has a spinning special move that looks to be good for some applying pressure and chip damage. One version of it seems him vertically which suggests it can be used as an anti-air. He also has a mini tornado projectile that veers in an arc going from low to mid air. His V-Trigger skill appears to give him access to a stationary tornado move that covers both the air and ground good for applying some extra damage or controlling space. Aesthetically I like Rashid's design. His Middle Eastern attire makes him unique from the rest, but it isn't stereotypical, the owl object on his back I'm guessing is a jet pack, but I'm indifferent to it, and I find it funny that he has a scouter like eyepiece over his left eye. Overall Rashid looks to be a good character. I prefer mobile characters in my games and he definitely fits the bill. He will probably be among the first characters I try.


Yesterday Capcom dropped Karin at TGS (Tokyo Game Show). Karin made her debut to the franchise in Street Fighter Alpha 3 as a rival to Sakura. This rich blond Japanese girl sporting the Shirley Temple ringlets and bow, is the rekka character of this game. Her normals have pretty decent range and her special moves all appear to be about lengthening combos and also has a reversal for her V-Trigger. She honestly reminds of Fei Long in playstyle and I don't think I'm far off in that description. She's a mid to close range fighter by the looks of it. The gameplay videos released don't show any high caliber play so it's hard for me to determine if she's to my liking or not. I do like her visual design however, though the color of her eyes look a bit strange. It's looks sort of like hazel, but with much more pronounced yellow in it. If her laugh becomes a taunt I can see definitely see myself using it.

Both of these characters look to be sufficient additions to the game and according to leaks we have about four more characters to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment